2010年10月21日 星期四

Unpredicable India Day 5- Day 9 @ Varanasi

 -




地點:瓦拉那西
腸胃狀況:腸胃乳動比較快一點.
身體狀況:正常

location: Varanasi
stomache condition : Time to time I feel the calling of nature
physical condition:  normal


 瓦拉那西Varanasi

一個充滿特色的地方.有興趣可以去wikipedia查詳細資料Varanasi, a place full of characters.If you need to know more about it. Please check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varanasi

Ganga River is right in front of our guest house. Every morning we woke up by the sound of clothe washing and motor boats. 
People wash clothes with Ganga River.












 I loved the wooden windows in the guest house.
I immediately opened it and a piece of it just fell off.
Thinking I was too clumsy or what? But Yo said to me.
" Unpredicable India"


It was fixed later on! Thank you!

We washed our clothes in the bathroom everday and hung them just outside

 This lovely creature lived right outside of our guest house. Every morning we greeted it and wondered if it liked its food in the bucket. From the picture, I don't think so.

view from the balcony of guest house













There are many stray dogs in Varanasi.

I wanted to bring them home!!












There are many beggars in Varanasi.
A lot of them are women with babies.








a corner of a shop
I like the narrow alleys in Varansi
they are always full of personalities











near a market
it was sunny and the street were always full of life

 walking into the alley was like walking into a palette
 full of vibrant colours with varies scents
 however, sometimes you have to be very careful strolling in the alley  because you  might encounter a cow that's doing some running  or workers pushing carts carrying heavy things. You need to step aside and let them pass



 school "bus"

 it's taken near the Ganga River
 you can get fingers massaged there

We were really curious what the chow-mien and fried rice taste like there; so there we went and tried! mmmm... it wasn't bad but I think I'd like to stick to Indian food when I am in India. But the nana(lemon and mint drink) was really good!!! We both fell in love with it.





We were wondering how did the dog get up there.

India sweet
very sweet indeed!



 Our breakfast one day - Idly

We went to a sitar shop where famous sitar players have been,too. Radhey ji has the hands given by God. He makes the sitars and he can make them sound heavenly














I started to get used to the craziness in India. I thought I did anyway, but often ended up feeling frustrated in the traffic of people/cars/ noises. Most of the time I could laugh about things and appreciated the differences in India. I also enjoyed sitting in the restaurant savouring the wonderful food and away from the noises and crowds. Gradually you can find the balance. A few days in Varanasi wasn't enough. I truely enjoyed the time there and was really amazed by some Indian who spoke Japanese fluently. I would LOVE to go back to Varanasi again and it would be awesome if I could join some Indian music festivals there.
See you again Varanasi!!





-

沒有留言: