2010年10月21日 星期四

Unpredicable India Day 9 - Day 11 @ Kalkatta





地點:加爾各答
腸胃狀況:不太好

身體狀況: tired


location: Kolkatta

stomache condition :
not good!!
physical condition:  tired


We left Varanasi in the afternoon, I said goodbye to the cow that's always outside our guest house. I watched the Ganga River and the kids swimming in it, wondering will I come back here again? I really hope so.

We passed the crazy traffic with rickshaw to the train station. It was a nightmare but glad we got on the train soon.

On the train sitting next to us was an old grandpa. He liked to talk a lot! Both Yo and I were tired and  needed to rest. The old man was just very happy sharing things with us. Sometimes he asked  questions such as, do you have any sisters and brothers? are you married? In Japan you have elephants? you have mangos? and so on. At first we were a bit annoyed, but later on we realized that he just needed company.There was a point when I didn't know if I should laugh or be serious because he talked to us like he was going to die soon, like the last words from the grandpa. He was actually a very very sweet man!! I wish him all the best.


I was thinking that my body was immune to India virus. I didn't get sick and was eating a lot. However, on the way back to Kalkatta we ordered some food on the train because we were very hungry.With the extremely cold AC and bad food. We both got sick. It seemed like a long way back to Kolkatta when feeling sick.


this is what we had!!

Even though I was sick I still enjoyed the time on the train




When we arrived Kolkatta, we just looked for the guest house that was nearby. We were exhausted from lacking of sleep and sickness. We just needed a room that had a toilet and beds! This was the ceiling of the room.( like the birthday cake paper plates).The door of the room was hard to close and it wasn't a cosy space. We decided to leave the next morning.
Since we didn't like the first guest house we went. Yo and I decided to go to the one he used to go to. 
The balcony of the guest house.
the view from the balcony! back to the craziness again




I loved the tea in India. We drank many cups everday

You can also buy some snacks to go with your tea.I loved the tea shops by the street!


feeling sick or not! You just have to eat the delicious Bengali food! Its soooooooooo good! Fish curry is one of my favourite!!

We often ate with hands and I think it tasted even better when you eat with hands.
We spent only a few days in Kalkatta just to buy some clothes and gifts for friends and we were heading to our next destination.. a place that's keeping part of my heart!



-




沒有留言: